Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ken

This week I made a selection of photographs made in Belgium for a collective exhibition in March, based on the theme "shared pleasures" and I came across this old favorite of mine. I shot this a couple of years ago at my youngest sister's wedding. My then still future brother in law was enjoying a cigarette outside, before going to city hall for the civil cerimony itself, and since I'd recently quit smoking I couldn't share with him the pleasure of a smoke. Instead, we shared this intimate moment, of which I'm also a part, as you can clearly see my hand on the camera in the upper right, reflected in the window of their home. I think the look on his face is great, and the slightly blurred effect shooting through the window only emphasizes this.

No comments:

Post a Comment